A Step-by-Step Guide for Making an Instagram Carousel Instagram Post Reels are now the trendiest thing on the platform. Instagram’s carousels, on the other hand, are still going strong. It’s possible that they’re the key to keeping users engaged, as they induce them to pause and swipe.
In this article, we’ll explain why using an Instagram carousel in your social media strategy is a smart move. We’ll also provide you with a slew of helpful hints, examples, and suggestions. Let’s go for it.
Describe the concept of an instacarousel.
Swiping left on an Instagram post allows viewers to see a carousel of images or videos that were previously posted. It is possible for desktop users to scroll through a carousel of posts by clicking on an arrow button to the right of the post. It’s like having a slideshow of posts that you can control yourself.
The opening slide of a carousel post is a terrific method to get viewers to stop and read more of your material. As a result, it should come as no surprise that Instagram carousels garner more attention than photos or videos.
According to Socialinsider.io, carousel postings have greater interaction rates than images and videos. Carousels have an engagement rate of between 1.65 percent and 5.40 percent, depending on the size of the following. More people are taking an interest in this post than the average of 1.22 percent, according to the most recent Instagram statistics.
To use Instagram carousels, you must know when to do so.
Instagram carousels are a terrific choice for strategic Instagram posts because of their unique character. Instagram’s carousel posts may be put to good use in the following ways:
- Instructional materials
- Graphs and tables
- Creating a narrative around a product or service
- a comparison of before and after images
- dumps of images
- The product’s features are made public.
- New products and/or rebrands
- Features of user-generated material at events
- a peek into what goes on behind the scenes
- Instagram’s criteria for carousel width
- You’d want to make sure that your Instagram carousel post appears well on the site before posting it.
- As a result, it’s critical that you adhere strictly to the given measurements and guidelines. When creating your articles, keep in mind the three different aspect ratios that are available:
Instagram carousel post:
- The first step is to click on the “+” icon in the top navigation bar.
- Create a new “Post” by clicking the “Post” option.
- Using the “Select several” option is the third step.
- Carousel posts are made up of a series of photographs or videos. Your carousel can have up to ten images or videos. Tap on “Next” to continue.
- Apply filters to your photographs and videos, just like you would for a single-image post. You may opt to apply the same filter to all of the photographs and videos in order to get a consistent look. Tap the “Next” button when you’re done.
- The final step is to add more information to the carousel post. The caption is an important part of your social media strategy, so make sure it’s well-written and intriguing. Instagram hashtags may also be used to increase the exposure of a post. It’s also here where you may add a location, tag individuals, or write a reminder, just like a regular post.
- When you’re ready, click “Share” and you’re done. Your Instagram carousel post is complete.
- Instagram carousel posts may be scheduled in advance.
- In spite of its simplicity, manual publication can be time-consuming. One of your primary responsibilities as a social media manager is to maximise the effectiveness of your efforts. Because of this, you should plan ahead to ensure a constant publication schedule.
- Your Instagram carousel postings would be no different. Fortunately, you can use the Facebook Creator Studio to schedule your Instagram posts. Here are the actions you need to take:.
- Make sure you’re logged in to your Creator Studio account, and then click on “Instagram.”
- Create a post for your Instagram feed by clicking the “Create Post” button on the left-hand side and selecting “Instagram Feed.” Using this feature, you may upload image carousels and share videos that are less than 60 seconds long.
- Select a picture or video by clicking on the “Add content” button under the caption window. The “Add content” button will be moved to the top of the caption window when the first material is selected. You can keep adding photographs and videos to the post by clicking on this button.
- To publish your article, click on the drop-down arrow next to the “Publish” button and select the option “Publish draught.” Choose “Schedule,” then choose a start date and end time for the carousel post, and then click “Schedule.” Voilà, your Instagram carousel is now complete and available for public use.
- Keep in mind that this is a valuable feature, but it’s only available through desktop. Those of you who are used to handling everything from your phone or who want to plan carousel posts on the fly may find this a bit of a challenge.
You can publish and schedule Instagram carousel posts straight to your accounts if you utilise an all-in-one social media management solution like Sprout Social. Instagram carousels may now be published straight from Sprout’s desktop app instead than through the Mobile Publishing Workflow, according to an upgrade to the software.
Sprout’s Instagram carousel post creation guide:
- In the Sprout desktop or mobile app, open Compose.
- In the Profile Picker, select your Instagram business profile.
- The final step is to add your Instagram post’s content.
In the next step, you’ll choose up to ten photographs to share. Instagram carousel posts created using the Sprout app do not yet support combining pictures and videos.
- Instagram First Comment, hashtags and even post links may all be used to personalise your post.
- Set a date and time for when you want your post to go live.
- Press the Send or Submit button.
- Examples of Instagram carousels that get you motivated
- Having trouble coming up with new and inventive methods to make use of carousel posts? Here are a few examples of Instagram carousels to get you started:
- Sprout Social: Answering the most pressing queries
- In order to address the most frequently asked questions, Sprout employed Instagram carousels. As a result, the platform’s social listening capabilities were shown and the audience was better informed.
- Second, the visual aids provided by Canva:
- Carousels were used to great effect by Canva to provide its users with quick and to-the-point visual guidance.
- Revealing a new collection or product range from ColourPop Cosmetics
The new In the Limelight collection from ColourPop Cosmetics was unveiled with the help of a carousel post.
4. NotionHQ: The best of the event.
The announcement of a virtual conference was made public via a series of images posted by NotionHQ.
Ingredients are highlighted in this recipe.
Australian skincare business employed carousels to highlight the advantages of indigenous components.
Exist Green: A Quick Look Around the Shops
Redesigned eco-boutique part of Exist Green shared on social media. Fans were given a brief tour of the business in order to entice customers to visit.
Creating layouts for Instagram carousels
Consistently posting high-quality photographs to your Instagram account is a smart strategy to employ. Because of this, it is imperative that you choose your carousel images carefully so that your feed seems consistent and on-brand. Instagram carousel templates can aid in this endeavour.
Instagram carousel themes serve as a foundation for your carousel posts on Instagram. The images all have a united aesthetic because of the constant usage of colour palettes, typefaces, and other design components. Create a new carousel post by modifying these templates with your own content, images, and photographs.
Stock template services like Canva, PicMonkey, and Adobe Stock have a plethora of options. You may download and edit these templates for free or pay a modest charge. Stock templates may save you a lot of time and effort. They’re also ideal if you’re not a talented designer but still want to use a high-quality design.
Instagram carousel templates may also be created from scratch. This is a wonderful option if you want to utilise your Instagram carousels to display a strong visual identity for your company. You’ll be able to make a template that’s tailored to your specific requirements thanks to this feature.
Get your swiping fingers ready!
No one can deny that Instagram carousel posts have a significant impact on engagement. There is no better way to connect with your audience than to use social media tools like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and so on. Design eye-catching carousels using the advice, ideas, and template materials provided above.
According to 46% of customers, the key to becoming the “best in class” on social media is engaging your audience. The Sprout Social Index Edition XVII: Download it now! In order to better understand the social consumer, we need to move faster.